The new way to kill mold and keep it from coming back.
Serving Central NJ, Middletown, Woodbridge, Toms River
The Mold Solutions team was sent to a North Brunswick home. The home is currently under contract for sale. As often happens, during the home inspection, the inspector found what appeared to be mold in the basement and garage. Upon inspection, we determined that ground water was leaking into the structure through a crack in the basement block and there was extensive mold growth on the basement’s wood ceiling. And once mold growth starts in one area of the home it often spreads elsewhere. Mold reproduces and recolonizes through disbursing microscopic airborne mold spores. All you need is a current of air and mold reattaches elsewhere in the home to start a new colony. Unfortunately, many people develop respiratory problems when breathing in these spores, especially the young, the elderly, and those who already have respiratory issues or compromised immune systems. With this North Brunswick home, the basement mold had spread to the attached garage directly above. If air can travel between different spaces in the home, so can mold. The garage’s wood ceiling also developed mold growth.
Mold will consume any organic material, even processed wood. This fungus releases enzymes that dissolve the wood. When doing so, many mold strains release gases whose smell we associate with mold. Both the basement and crawl space had visual mold growth and the rooms had the unmistakable, pungent musky odor of mold. Crawl spaces and basements are common areas for mold growth. As happened with this residence, water from moisture-saturated soil often finds its way inside, especially after heavy rains. The smallest cracks in a home’s foundation are enough to let in water. Also, even if there is no water intrusion, mold can grow and thrive just from moisture in the air, and crawl spaces and basements often have high relative humidity levels, much higher than the home’s living spaces. This is why Cowleys recommends the installation of specialized commercial-grade dehumidifiers that are designed to keep down humidity levels in these mold-prone areas.
This mold growth halted the purchase process and had to be resolved for the sale to move forward. The homeowner authorized Mold Solutions to treat the mold.
We arrived to “take care of business” and fix the problem. We first treated the affected areas by applying our EPA-registered anti-microbial using electrostatic fogging, which kills any surface mold as well as any airborne mold spores. Finally, we applied our patented polymer sealant, also using electrostatic fogging. This unique sealant, which is derived from coatings used for human implant devices, is available only to authorized pest control operators licensed to apply chemical products inside structures. While completely safe and non-toxic to people, this sealant destroys mold at the cellular level. Any mold we treat is rendered inert, harmless, and non-allergenic. The sealant is also moisture-sensitive and reactivates to prevent the return of any new mold growth in the treated area.
We were able to treat the mold is less than a day. The homeowner avoided extensive renovations since no building materials were removed, and there was no need for the family to relocate. With our process, we treat and kill the mold right in its tracks. By avoiding tear-outs of building materials that have no loss of structural integrity, we also avoid disrupting the mold and inadvertently disbursing mold spores to reattach elsewhere. Because of our mold treatment system, a major issue that could have easily derailed the sale was avoided, and the purchase could go forward with no delay in the closing date. Needless to say, the homeowner could not have been more pleased with our service.
our service area