Before & After

Mold Found During Cleaning basement in Millstone Township, NJ

Homeowners in Millstone Township, NJ, were recently doing some deep cleaning of their basement, and when they removed a drawer out of a dresser, they discovered mold growth. They immediately stopped cleaning and contacted Mold Solutions to have the mold treated. The cause of the basement mold growth was chronically high relative humidity levels, which is quite common in basements and crawl spaces. For mold to form, flooding, a burst pipe, groundwater infiltration, or other major water intrusion event is not necessary. Mold can just as easily start to form if there is a high level of moisture in the air. 

Fortunately, all of the building materials were sound with no loss of structural integrity, so we were able to treat the mold directly right were it sits with our removing any building materials. The homeowners were quite relieved that the mold treatment would not involve an extensive tear-out and renovation. We treated the entire basement with our EPA registered antimicrobial called MAPS 1, which attacks mold on a cellular level and kills it instantly. We then scrubbed away the mold and applied MAPS 2, which is our patented sealant that encapsulates the surface mold is growing on and renders the mold non-allergenic and harmless. MAPS 2 is also moisture-sensitive and reactivates whenever it gets wet to prevent the return of mold.

For long-term prevention of returning mold, the homeowners had us install a commercial-grade whole-house SaniDry Sedona dehumidifier, which is considered one of the best high-performance dehumidifiers and filtration systems on the market. They are specifically designed to work in the challenging environment of basements and crawl spaces and operate 24/7, turning on and off automatically using a built-in hygrometer. There is no water pan to empty and is set up to drain into a sump pump or other drainage system. These dehumidifiers will keep down indoor humidity and moisture to levels where mold will not form. By producing clean, dry air, these dehumidifiers do a great job eliminating musty odors and that muggy feeling caused by high humidity. The indoor air quality is dramatically improved. These machines have proven especially beneficial for those with allergies or asthma. 


our service area

We serve the following areas

Our Locations:

Mold Solutions by Cowleys
1145 NJ-33
Suite #1
Farmingdale, NJ 07727

Mold Solutions by Cowleys
3490 US-1 Suite 107
Princeton, NJ 08540
Unable to process this phone number
Service Area
Contact Us