This homeowner in Manasquan, NJ had mold growth in his attic due to high humidity levels. The homeowner... Watch Video »
This homeowner in Manasquan, NJ called our office after discovering some mold growth on the rafters in his attic. We arrived, equipped our personal protective equipment, began our inspection, and confirmed the homeowner's suspicion that there was indeed mold growth in his attic. Now that we discovered the mold, we need to determine the cause of it in order to properly treat it. Turns out that the attic fan had broken recently, unknown to the homeowner. This lead to poor ventilation in the attic and by the time the homeowner realized there was a problem, it was already too late. Fortunately, he hired a contractor to replace the attic fan which will take care of the ventilation issue.
Mold in your attic or anywhere else in your home is dangerous. Mold can lead to watery and itchy eyes, a weakened immune system, coughing, sneezing, and respiratory illnesses or infections among other related symptoms. To make it even more dangerous, mold can spread if you don’t take care of it. The mold spores can easily travel through openings of any size, making their way from the attic to living areas of your home.
First, we used our HEPA vacuum to remove the larger areas of mold growth. Next, we applied our EPA registered antimicrobial solution called Mold Abatement Polymer Solutions, or MAPS 1 for short. MAPS 1 targets mold at its DNA level and kills it instantly. We then scrubbed the surface mold and applied MAPS 2, a patented polymer sealant that encapsulates the existing dead mold and prevents future mold from growing. Once MAPS 1 & 2 have been applied, the mold is no longer a threat.
our service area